报告题目：Smart Structural System: Efficient Vibration Monitoring and Control
报告人： Prof.JAE-HUNG HAN(KAIST)
报告地点：腾讯视频会议ID:811 320 131
Smart material systems are now being applied to the design of high performance structural systems. Among the diverse features of smart materials and structures, this talk focuses on smart material systems that pertain to vibration monitoring and control.
Firstly, micro vibration problems in satellite will be addressed. The vibration source and characteristics are presented. In addition, the developed micro vibration control devices are introduced.
Secondly, a new type of shock and vibration isolator using SMA materials will be introduced. A novel frequency tuning method of the isolator is proposed to achieve both shock attenuation performance and avoidance of the vibration amplification.
The last topic is the full-field real-time measurement of vibrations of a structure based on fiber-optic technology will be introduced. Optical fibers are the preferred sensor material for vibration monitoring because optical fibers are small and lightweight, consume less power, and are immune to electromagnetic interference. Real-time shape estimation of several composite structures including a wind turbine blade model was accomplished at SSHS KAIST using strain data gathered by the arrayed fiber Bragg grating (FBG) sensors.
If time allows, other research activities at SSHS lab. will be also introduced very briefly.
JAE-HUNG HAN, PH.D.
A. Professional Preparation
KAIST Mechanical Engineering B.Sc., 1991
KAIST Aerospace Engineering M.Sc., 1993
KAIST Aerospace Engineering Ph.D., 1998
2016–Present:Head of Dept. Aerospace Eng., KAIST
2011– 2013: Head for Satreci-KAIST Space Technology Program, KAIST
2003–Present:Assistant, Associate, Full professor, Dept. Aerospace Eng., KAIST
2000 – 2003 Senior Member of research staff Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute, Korea
1998–1999: Post-doctoral Researcher, Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku Univ., Japan
C. Honors & Awards
1. ASME Fellow, AIAA Associate Fellow
2. Academic Award, The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 2019
3. Best Vibration Control Award, The Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, 2017.
4. Flow Visualization Competition Award (3rd place) ASME, 2017.
5. Best Paper Award (1st place), 2010 World Automation Congress, Kobe, Japan
6. Creative Teaching Award, 2007
7. Honorary Ambassador, Technical Univ. Munich, Germany
1. Have supervised 21 Ph.D., and 28 Master graduates.
2. Have Served for Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, which is Korean AIAA; Currently, director for academic events and the PC & Council member of International Council of Aeronautical Sciences as a representative of the Korean society
3. Guided undergraduate student club, ICARUS KAIST, for 7 years; during this period, ICARUS team won Gand Prix for 5 times at the national model airplane competition, as well as the third national human-powered airplane competition in 2015.
4. Frequently invited to give talks at international conferences, workshops, universities and research institutes (including Plenary talk at SMN 2009, Keynote talks at SPIE SS/NDE 2009 and NOVEM 2009)
5. Currently serving for 5 SCI/E international journals as associate editors or a member of editorial boards: Associate Editor for Aerospace Science and Technology; Associate Editor for Journal of intelligent Materials Systems and Structures; Editor for International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences; Editorial board member for Advanced Composite Materials; Editorial board member for Smart and Nano Materials.
6. Developed new courses and labs in aerospace eng. at the undergraduate and graduate levels at KAIST. Particularly, “Introductory Aerospace Project” course was well recognized with the first KAIST creative teaching award by the president of KAIST.